Upcoming Race Meetings

Monday 31 May 2010

To diff? Or not to diff?


Soooo, you know that diff I was going to sort out during the week? Yeah, I didn't ever get around to it so ended up rebuilding it before racing at Morecambe tonight. Going completely against my philosophy that doing stuff trackside isn't much fun and is far too stressful. Anyway, it all got cleaned, re-greased and put back together; missing me the first qualifier... and even after all that it only felt marginally better. As I soon discovered, it was to return to its original nasty state pretty much immediately, so something in there has waved bye-bye. Guess I'll need to sort it out properly with some replacement parts during this week, anyone noticing a pattern forming here?


Anyway, as always I enjoyed the evening. There's something about Morecambe that means I always seem to enjoy it, must be the wonderful company... or maybe it's because the club is nice enough to take about 15 of us out to a Toby Carvery for a bank holiday social before racing! Good conversation and cheap (free?) tasty food? What more could a boy want?!



Andy's wet car with it's sealed GM speedo was suffering with overheating issues (as obviously it doesn't usually rain inside our hall) until the finals when he ran the wet box open and showed everyone why he's top dog at MMCC.


All in all a good night as per usual. I'm going to round this post to a close with a special dedication to a certain Miss Sophie Thresh who informed me tonight that not only does she want to feature in the blog, but she also took the liberty of telling me when and how she would be featured! The bloody cheek! So Sophie, this is just a 'friendly' reminder that if I want you on the blog, you'll be on the blog, but on my terms! J

Sophie broke her personal best for number of laps tonight, congratulations Sophie!


No comments:

Post a Comment