Upcoming Race Meetings

Tuesday 4 May 2010

Morecambe Monday Madness @ 'SAWTOOTH'

Adzy and myself were left building the track tonight. We went for something a little bit special. A little unconventional. A little bit 'out there'. A little bit broken if I'm honest... It was named, 'SAWTOOTH'

The SAWTOOTH

The name originates from the razor sharp corners we put down the left hand side (obviously!) With all the apexes on the tape line and half your wheels running on a really old strip of carpet; the other half running on normal carpet, it was certainly the highlight of the track layout.

Anyway, after we'd finished admiring our handiwork, racing got under way with MC Colin at the decks, or race control as some might call it.

Colin always does a fantastic job of keeping us lot going round, laps counted and all

Racing was a fairly relaxed affair, seeing as it was a Bank Holiday an' all. I struggled being smooth through the sawtooth section all night to be honest and never really put in any fast laps like those of Mr Murray and Mr Carter. Colin looked to be going well with his Yokomo all night; showing me up in the final first with his smoothness through the sawtooth sections, and then with a well deserved 2nd place finish.

The Thresh-Whittam pit space

The Whittam-Ridgley-Murray pit space

I'm still struggling to be smooth with the Tamiya, the setup I had when I first built the car had a wider front end (amongst other things) and I think I preferred the more aggressive driving style this allowed. However, I've since gone back to more of a kit setup, which I've struggled with. However, I'm persevering as I think it's a quicker setup if I could just drive it properly!

Looking at this picture of my pit space, I feel compelled to go out and buy a blue paintbrush...

Hoping to find time in the coming week to have a go over both the Tamiya and the wet car in preparation for the rapidly approaching Mendip National. When I do, I'll be sure to keep here up to date with some rebuild pictures, particularly of the wet car as that hasn't really featured on here yet. Until then, see you at the track.

No comments:

Post a Comment