Upcoming Race Meetings

Saturday 1 May 2010

Ribble Racing

Last night I was at Ribble Valley RC Car Club for my usual Friday racing session. University dissertation commitments meant that my car remained untouched from the outdoor session at Halifax the previous day. The car went surprisingly well, although to be honest the changes between my current and 'under-construction' base indoor and outdoor setups seem fairly minor. The car even felt better in some places with the outdoor setup, which makes a little sense given the fact I'm now using my old 'outdoor' Sorex 32s indoors now. Guess they require a different setup to the Sorex 28s.

Anyhoo, qualifying passed with relatively little commotion apart from me struggling with the SpeedPassion's speed at first. I was definitely overgeared, but didn't have any bigger spurs or smaller pinions to put on. So had to settle for the car going a little soft at the end of the run and motor temperatures in the high 70s (degrees C of course). I've just ordered a bigger spur, so hopefully won't have this issue for much longer.

The final went okay, but I'm still making too many mistakes compared to how I used to drive. Note to self: taking a month off racing kills your 'skill level' Thomas. I just need to practice, practice, practice now before the Mendip National on the 15th May.

Sorry there are no pictures. A blog without pictures is pretty poor I know. I've just now put my camera in my toolbox, so there it shall reside from now on; to make sure I remember to take pictures wherever I go.

No comments:

Post a Comment