Upcoming Race Meetings

Monday 10 May 2010

It's Halifax-tastic!


Yesterday Andy Murray, Adam Whittam and myself trekked off to Halifax for a day of testing and practice before the Mendip National this weekend. We were blessed with much better weather than our last trip, and were greeted with quite a few people taking advantage of that weather to have some fun at the track.


This worked well, as grip levels were pretty good so we were able to work out if anything we tried on the setups was actually of significance for a big race meeting such as the nationals.



We were joined by Jonny Aird (with dad Dave), Chris Bosomworth (with dad John) and Michael Ball as well. Pretty much our usual crowd for the TC nationals so that meant things were always entertaining off the track as well as on! Although, to be honest, that was Buzz's (Chris B.) doing more than anything or anyone else... J


and I thought my pit space was kinda anal...

Testing for me ended up being more about getting used to driving outdoors again and then just generally practicing it. My car setup seemed pretty solid and if it handles like that at Mendip I'll be happy as it feels better than on old car did outdoors last year already.

I did also try the latest HobbyWing/SpeedPassion firmware update for my speedo. It was good I think. Just as fast as the old beta ones I'd been trying, but smoother and leaving the motor a tad cooler also. Very impressed, and grateful for the good timing - just in time for the outdoor nationals season.


I'm sure as I re-acquaint myself with outdoors again I'll sort out a good base setup, and I'll probably post it on here when I do. Everyone had a good day actually, times with a stopwatch seemed good so we should all be on pace to do as well as last year at the very least, but hopefully much better!

All that remains is for me to finish cutting out bodyshells, rebuild the Tamiya and pack my bags. Fingers crossed I can fit that all into this week. I'm hoping to do a complete rebuild on the wet car too, so far it's just had the electronics installed and the diff rebuilt in preparation but I think it deserves a bit more TLC than that... time permitting I guess.

Anyway, I intend to keep the blog updated throughout the preparation process so keep checking in for pictures and the odd bit of text. I'm also hoping to do some semi-live commentary and results posts from the TC Nationals this year (much like I did with the 12th Nationals) so keep 'yer eyes peeled for that over the coming weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment