Upcoming Race Meetings

Monday 10 May 2010

Ribble in Ruins?

Last Friday I was at the Ribble RC Raceway, a new permanent venue which the Ribble Valley RC club had moved into a few months prior. It was a great venue, with a permanent track and pits and mains throughout. We even had a little race control booth.


Unfortunately, discussions with the landlord regarding rent have not gone well. So, the club now has to move out as it simply cannot sustainably afford the rent being asked for the venue. This is a great shame as it promised to be a great venue in the coming months and years. Nonetheless, I have faith in the committee and the members that we shall rise out of the flames soon. Until then, we have secured a temporary venue a short distance away so I look forward to racing there soon.


After all this had been explained and debated on the Friday night we had some informal racing to fill the remainder of the time. It was good fun, I was putting in some reasonable times and my consistency showed a marked improvement on previous weeks. Fewer mistakes were made and as a result I qualified second place behind Andy at the end of the 2 qualifying round.


The final went much as qualifying did if memory serves. I can't remember much of it unfortunately haha! It seems like a lifetime ago already! I should have written this post sooner... Anyway, focus now turns to the outdoor season as National time is basically upon us, so we were at Halifax testing yesterday...

No comments:

Post a Comment