Upcoming Race Meetings

Monday 10 May 2010

It's not quite Sawtooth, but...


... I liked it a lot all the same. Actually I think I got on with this circuit a lot better than our bank holiday special from last Monday at Morecambe.


The racing was good - by not having such a complex layout consistency became more crucial tonight I think. A slight mistake was the difference between finals, for example, going into round 3 qualifying Dean Johnson had just out qualified me by about 0.4 secs over a 5 minute run!


Luckily I was able to to get my head down and put in a good time for Q3, and that left 0.06 seconds between myself and Andy over that 5 minute run! Clipping corners was a definite no-no with racing conditions that close.



I placed myself third in the A final, but failed to improve on that, finishing where I started. All in all, a good evening and my last club night before the Mendip National. Tomorrow the rebuilding and shell cutting starts proper! I'll keep it all updated on here, don't worry!

No comments:

Post a Comment