Upcoming Race Meetings

Saturday 29 May 2010

Ribble Reincarnated

Back, bigger and badder than ever... welcome to the new and improved Ribble Valley RC Car Club!


We are now situated in a warehouse space in Darwen and as you can see the track has grown a bit in size...


... it now includes an off-road buggy section; the buggy club is running on the same nights as everything else at the mo...


... and more than ample pit space for everyone.


Even race control has made the trip!


I enjoyed the new facilities, a few slight bumps, but no worse than a good outdoor track and certainly better than the jumps which had started to appear along the straight at the old track. I think I would have enjoyed it a little better if my diff had been behaving itself. Seems my issues from Cotswolds were not entirely to blame on tires or the temperatures... my diff simply isn't "diff-ing" properly!


I should really have rebuilt it there and then, but I was in a "I really cannot be bothered" mood so I just kept running it and kept on complaining. So, I'd like to take this opportunity to apologise to those around me for my constant whinging last Friday. I'll sort it out during the week. I'm now going to sum up by blaming a poor performance on the diff and accept none of the liability, pretty sure I finished up 3 out of 3 touring cars, but who's complaining... ;-)

I'll finish up this post with some fun pictures of Andy's car in various scale settings, carefully constructed for the RC truck club which shares our new venue with us. With a bit of photoshop work I'm sure Andy could be right there filling up his car himself...

No comments:

Post a Comment