Upcoming Race Meetings

Tuesday 10 May 2011

MMCC

I drove up to Morecambe last night with a very full car; Miss Thresh, Adzy and Dean were all in attendance. I was looking forward to the evening as I'd not been racing for a little while, although it was in the back of my mind that when I don't race super regularly I tend to lose my consistency very quickly. Andy was not in attendance which is a very rare thing - I think this is the first MMCC night he's missed in 14 years... well maybe not, but something ridiculous like that I'm sure...

Anyway, his absence meant the magical 101 points in the championship was up for grabs - he usually gets down the library and takes it out on long loan at the start of the season so no one else can get it, but not tonight!

The evening started pretty well to be honest. I glued my tires before the start of the night so the car felt really smooth and consistent to drive. Mark Carter was the quickest to start with but everyone was there or thereabouts, myself included. 101 here we come I thought!

Unfortunately I peaked far too soon (I'll save you the hassle, yes that is indeed "what she said") and didn't do any better after Round 2. Nonetheless I managed to qualify 2nd on the grid in the A final with that performance.

The A final started well and I was all over the back of Mark making my presence known, but then a sneaky bit of tape and a car that does enjoy a good bit of ol' fashioned grip roll colluded in an evil plot to tip me over several laps into the final. After that I pushed and pushed, which only really highlighted the loss of consistency I mentioned earlier, so sent me tumbling back down the grid to finish the final in last place. To everyone else's credit they pretty much all had their best runs in the final so would have been very hard to beat even if I had kept it clean. Hey ho, another Monday down.

No comments:

Post a Comment