Upcoming Race Meetings

Tuesday 31 May 2011

And so endeth my lucky streak at MMCC



Racing last night at Morecambe ended my one run lucky streak I started last week. I managed to post second fastest time after Andy in round 1 of qualifying and then not improve for the rest of the night until the final when it was too late to get another 100 points because I missed out on the A final. As they say, you've got to be in it, to win it.


I enjoyed the track layout, the only place I got caught out a couple of times was the chicane exit onto the straight at the bottom left of the photo above. A handful of times I turned in a little too early heading onto the straight, clipped the corner and went straight on into the edge of the track which resulted in being marshalled. Props to whoever designed the track, I'm not 100% but I think Mark Jordan deserves at least some of the creative credit.


In my defence, it was a busy night and lots of quick guys were there, so competition for spots in the A final was pretty fierce...





I qualified pole in the B final and I quite comfortably finished there, putting in my best run of the evening which was still a little way off the pace at the front of the A final. All in all not a bad evening but not a great one either.

No comments:

Post a Comment