Upcoming Race Meetings

Saturday 28 May 2011

The night my rear belt met its maker

Racing last night at Blackpool started okay. My new bodyshell was still intact after its first run at Morecambe on Monday and the car seem to shifting round the track alright as well.


In terms of qualifying times it was also pretty close between me and Justin Bieber here... despite the constant fiddling he seemed to be doing to his super high-quality, durable Associated TC6 diff...



But then in Q3 disaster struck. I had noticed over the last few weeks that a few teeth on my rear belt had been 'lost to the cause' but I was hoping it would hold until I came to rebuild the car this weekend in preparation for the Cotswolds National in a few weekends time. Unfortunately this was not to be, two laps into Q3 I found myself with a toothless rear belt. Damien had snapped his rear belt earlier in the evening so I guess the proverbial rear belt grim reaper was in the building somewhere. As I was planning to rebuild the car anyway and because I didn't want to risk breaking my only spare rear belt (something must have made the teeth break away) before the National I decided to sit out the finals.

In other news, couple of the lads are down at the Cotswolds BTCC this weekend testing for the National and Andy asked me to take a few snaps of his car and new shell design, because in his words: "It will never look this good again!"




I know the guy who did his shells isn't exactly busy at the minute so if you like what you see and you're stuck for some last minute national shells - there's no waiting lists - chase Andy down at one of the meetings (you can't miss him, he's got a ginger 'fro going on at the minute) and ask him for some contact details.



No comments:

Post a Comment