Upcoming Race Meetings

Tuesday 17 May 2011

MMCC Championship


This was the rather awesome looking layout we were racing on last night at Morecambe. I understand Mr. Adam 'Adzy' Whittam deserves all the credit for the design. I, I must confess, was sat in the pits the whole time dusting off the car and then re-gluing my tyres for the umpteenth time. So, a big thanks goes out to everyone who actually contributed to this super-rad track!

I actually had a pretty reasonable series of qualifiers, even the one were my wheel came of at the end of the straight was good fun up until that point. My rogue wheel was due to the increasingly poor quality of the Schumacher pre-glued tyres. I'm sure when we first started using these both indoors and out, the glue jobs were much much better and the wheels were made of a much better plastic. Now you're lucky if you get one run out of them before they're coming off the rims and maybe a month of running before the hex moulding either deforms and spins on the axle or they're covered in cracks on the inside... I'm not the only one who suffers from all of the above... I'm just saying... I'm actually starting to wonder if Schumacher have soooo many 'team' drivers just so they can always win the tyre vote at whatever series or meeting and sell however many thousands of sets of tyres they must shift. Don't get me wrong, it's not exactly a bad business plan if that's the case! It's just a shame for the rest of us who have to pay the ridiculous full price. Rant over.


I ended up qualifying comfortably in the A final but only in 3rd place on the grid. The final was actually good fun and relatively close between everyone at points. We all managed to do more than our fair share of crashing though and that mixed the order up in time for the finishing tone. I finished fourth, with two laps less than I had managed in my best qualifying run. I don't know what my issue is but I can't seem to catch a break in the MMCC finals of late. I'm just sat here watching my average score tumble for yet another championship. As always, I could and should crash less, but I don't crash anywhere near as much at Blackpool for example...

The first National has obviously been and gone now, wished I could have been there but we can't have it all. I am, however, stoked about the upcoming Cotswolds and Halifax nationals which I am entered into. I have started getting a few bits and bobs together, bodyshells and tyres I have already for instance. In the spirit of doing it on a tight budget though I will only be running the one set of tyres at each event. It worked ok for me last year so I'm not too bothered about that to be honest. It will just be good to be out there with the old national crew - we even have a new addition this year in the form of Mr Cottom and spouse, from what I've heard about West London. Double the trouble!

No comments:

Post a Comment