Upcoming Race Meetings

Tuesday 24 May 2011

Well that helped my MMCC championship average...

Predictably, I was up at Morecambe last night. It's just no nonsense, good ol' fashioned fun. As Adzy is demonstrating clearly in the picture below...



The track layout was once again very cool, I think the credit goes to Andy and Ben for its design and construction.



I was running my new shell tonight as well as my old one had basically met its maker, been repaired then met its maker all over again. It worked a treat, no more hang ups on bits of bent over bodyshell and I may even have crashed less due to the fear of potentially damaging it prematurely!



I've also replaced my big fan which I broke at Ardent last time I was there. I say I broke it, some idiot in an Associated jumper (could be any of them, I know) broke it by driving into the side of me. You can spot it sitting snug between the motor and speedo in this picture if you're looking close enough



It was a pretty quiet evening at MMCC, the regulars were slacking and/or on holiday so what can you do...






Not only did I remember to take pictures this time though, I also got some footage. I'll dump it in the video sidebar but it's also below so you find it easy. I'm good to you like that.


'C' Final (with Mardave and Buggy mix)


'B' Final with touring cars (part 1)


'B' Final with touring cars (part 2)

Aside from the madness in the videos above, qualifying and the finals were again a relatively predictable affair. Andy took pole, I was behind him and Col just behind me on the grid. The final started off really good with some close but clean racing... then we broke it. Well I know I clipped/was clipped by some other bodyshells, so perhaps it was just me who broke it...

Either way, when the chequered flag dropped, metaphorically, we're not that keen... I was still behind Andy and still in front of Colin. I rushed over to the computer to see if I have managed to cinch that illusive fastest lap - I know I had been trying hard enough towards the end. Victory! 1 bonus point was mine! 7.96 seconds to Andy's best of 8.10 seconds. Thus bringing my score for the evening to a nice round 100 points and dragging my 'ability' championship average up out of the mid 90s to 97 points. Good times.

No comments:

Post a Comment