Upcoming Race Meetings

Saturday 14 May 2011

Blackpool Club Night

I was racing at Blackpool yesterday evening. It was a bit quieter than normal, few regulars MIA - Andy for example was still trying to get everything sorted for the first National this weekend at West London. Ended up 'racing' with/against Danny and Mark Jordan in all the qualifying rounds and again in the final too. Danny as usual was flying round at breakneck speeds, although I was able to keep within a lap of him which is pretty good going for me. Mark was going round relatively quickly, he was struggling with his car more than anything and was actually very quick down the straight and between the corners. He was doing final checks on his new RC Dynamics speed control, ready for Andy to use at the national weekend; everything was working well and things look promising for it to set new standards for speed controls in my opinion.

Anyway, qualifying came to close with me predictably in second place on the grid behind Danny and Mark in third place still testing different settings and struggling with his car setup in equal measure... and that's how things ended.

Unfortunately I'm not joining in with all the fun and festivities at WLRC this weekend, financial constraints mean I'm only racing at the next two rounds, Cotswolds and Halifax, although I have begun preparations for Cotswolds. I've just got some new shells (nothing fancy - will just be the white and blue scheme again) and bought a new big fan as mine was smashed at Ardent over the Winter. I might even treat myself to a new rotor! The big rebuild is planned for the bank holiday weekend begore the national weekend - I'll keep you posted on the the prep as well as my ongoing weekly club races.

No comments:

Post a Comment