Upcoming Race Meetings

Wednesday 27 April 2011

Morecambe Club Night

This Monday I drove up to Morecambe with Andy Murray and Dean Johnson in tow. The track layout turned out to be of the 'spicy and slightly funky variety' - it was a quick lap but very hard to get a clean run, making the expression 'slow is fast' particularly relevant. I wish I had taken a picture of the track to show you thinking about it - sorry, I've been slacking in picture responsibilities recently.



Despite my relatively new tyres, grip was absent for the most part and the situation didn't improve massively throughout the course of the evening. I also seemed to struggle with being consistent and getting good, clean runs in. As a result I found myself at 3rd on the grid in the A final, but quickly lost track of where I was when I started crashing along with everyone else on the track except a certain Mr Murray. I ended up finishing last in the A final and was a bit disappointed with my performance to be honest. I felt I could have at least finished where I started maybe improving to finish second.


Andy, Dean and myself stopped of for a midnight McDonalds to cheer ourselves up though which perked the evening up somewhat! I'm not racing for a few days now what with all the bank holidays and other activities I have planned on those. Until then...

No comments:

Post a Comment