Upcoming Race Meetings

Wednesday 27 April 2011

Blackpool Club Night

I was back racing at Blackpool last Friday night, after a short break due to my 'lack-of-tires' woes.


It was a good evening, I was immediately back on the pace thanks to the new rubber, although as is to be expected, they got better as they wore in. About round 3 they felt amazing and I managed to put in a quick, clean and consistent run which settled my qualifying place for the finals - 3rd on the grid.


The start buzzer for the finals sounded and off we went! Good, clean start for everyone and we were all pretty much bumper to bonnet. A couple of laps in I rolled it after clipping a hairpin, letting Niall and Damien past. But I got straight back in it and over the course of several laps was able to chase them back down and squeeze back past Damien. Niall had gotten away a little so it took me another few laps to chase him down and then I sat in his exhaust fumes for what seemed like an age.

Danny and Andy had disappeared during all this and from what I could hear from the buzz around the track were having a stonking race. However, Niall and myself put on quite a show also as I managed to squueze past at one point only to roll it again a lap later, letting Niall back through. Then on the final lap I had just made my way past Niall when he clipped the rear quarter of my car and sent me tumbling. Graciously he waited and I was able to sneak over the line in 3rd with him still in hot pursuit.


It was one of those races which I wouldn't have minded much if I'd finished last because it was just such a good race. I only wish I could have watched the race for 1st and 2nd place too!

No comments:

Post a Comment