Upcoming Race Meetings

Sunday 17 April 2011

Monday night at Morecambe

I was at Morecambe on Monday night for the first round of a new championship. Unfortunately my 28s had died a death on the Friday prior and I had not yet been able to get my hands on some new boots, so I was running on some old 32s from last years nationals.

I'd had reasonable success with these tyres at Morecambe in the past, but apparently they did not want to work for me tonight. The grip levels felt awful and I was struggling to keep the car under control a lot of the time.

To summarise the evening, I struggled all night, missed out on the A final and then crashed and broke a C-hub and steering knuckle in the middle of the final. Thus confirming the evening to be the bust and I had feared. Hey ho, swings and roundabouts as they say... not the start to a new championship I had hoped for to be honest though.

No comments:

Post a Comment