Upcoming Race Meetings

Wednesday 6 April 2011

Morecambe at Blackpool Club

This Monday I was at Blackpool again but racing in aid of Morecambe. I was a little disappointed to get there and find out the only people from the Morecambe crowd in attendance was myself and Andy (and we normally race at Blackpool proper on Fridays anyway). I can only assume my overwhelming disappointment is to blame for me once again forgetting to take any pictures of the evenings proceedings.

I chose to ignore my grip roll woes on 28 JBs from a few days prior and went out for Round 1 on the aforementioned offenders. My car was pitching a little round the same corners which cause issues before. However I discovered that with a combination of easing off the power through the corners and much better lines - much smoother, turning more gently into the corners - I was able to control the grip roll and put in some very quick times.

So, this is what I did throughout the evening and it worked pretty well for me. On numerous occasions during the festivities I was keeping pace with, or gaining upon Andy and Danny - the resident 'quick guys'. I was rewarded for my efforts with a 3rd on the grid for finals, behind Andy and Danny.

The final went, for the most part, without any drama. Despite some shuffling by everyone I found myself a few laps from the 5 minute buzzer still in 3rd place. This was until Danny broke a driveshaft (again) and because I was in touch with him I went 'past' him before the race finished. All in all a much better evening at the Blackpool venue.

No comments:

Post a Comment