Upcoming Race Meetings

Tuesday 23 February 2010

MMCC Club Night

Last night I was at the usual MMCC club meeting. Despite being rather tired from the 12th weekend and knowing my Tamiya wasn't in the best of sorts (having not had a chance to do anything to it) I was persuaded to go along anyway.

The short story is... I'm glad that I did! Once again I was in the top qualifying heat and I proceeded to get 2nd fastest qualifier in the first two rounds of qualifying. Third round of qualifying I made a mistake that left me beached on the straight for a little while, but no one beat my 2nd place time.

So I started the A final in 2nd place on the grid behind Andy Murray and followed him round for about 4 minutes and 50 seconds. Admittedly I wasn't very close but he never got too far in front either. Then on the last lap his car starting behaving erratically (due to what we later found out to be a bulkhead screw which had come lose and was catching on the carpet) causing him to get stuck up against a barrier and allowing me past into 1st place just in time to take the win! A reverse of the unfortunate events similar to when my steering fell apart on the Tamiya's debut costing me the win on the last lap.

The evening was good fun and nice and relaxed, so I'm glad I went. Although I'm not sure Andy is so glad he persuaded me to come now... J

No comments:

Post a Comment