Upcoming Race Meetings

Tuesday 9 February 2010

MMCC Club Night

Usual club night frivolities last night. Less rushed at the start, compared to last Monday night, as I had managed to switch motors out at the end of Carpet Masters before packing all my stuff up to be stored and transported by Andy to Morecambe.


Andy and me pitting in the corner

Evening started well with me finally getting my average score high enough to be in the 'top heat' for qualifying which was cool. Qualifying went okay, I wasn't the fastest but I wasn't the slowest in the top heat either. On the whole I was pretty consistent and only made few slight mistakes, but to be in with a chance of FTQ at MMCC you really can't afford to make any.

I qualified 3rd in the A final, one place up from my 4th place in the 'A' for qualifying. I finished where I started again; I might have been able to take 2nd but finals had the inevitable entanglement and this of course slows everyone down a little bit. I was happy with how it all played out though and had an enjoyable evening. Didn't really touch the car much to do a combination of tiredness and helping a friend pit.

Finally got some pictures of the club as well...


Adam Whittam's pit


Our humble pitting space


The 'rostrum'


Track layout from last night - different one every week!


View from Race Control

No comments:

Post a Comment