Upcoming Race Meetings

Thursday 11 March 2010

Morecambe Club Night

It's been a while. Combination of lots of deadlines at uni as the classes draw to a close before my dissertation work starts and me visiting my sister up in Scotland one weekend means the first time I've raced since my last post, was this Monday at my usual and favourite haunt - Morecambe Model Car Club.

Anyway, despite the car feeling a little broken it was a nice, chilled out enjoyable race evening for me. I started qualifying in second place, only managing to hustle it round in a time quick enough to put me 4th on the grid for the A final. And I only just scraped that really. Both Mark with his XRAY '08 and Colin with his Yokomo BD5were very close behind me on times.

The final went well, bar one mistake. I made it into 3rd for a short period near the start of the race, but the aforementioned mistake meant I gave the position back to Ben and his XRAY T3 who had been close behind the whole time. All told, the A final ended where it started.

Next meeting is on Friday at RVRCCC, but again, looks like the car will be rattling its way round the corners than gliding silently and smoothly haha! Chesterfield 12th National is fast approaching too... goodness knows when I'll fit in the time to sort out the R5. Good times ahead me thinks!

No comments:

Post a Comment