Upcoming Race Meetings

Saturday 6 February 2010

RVRCCC Club Night

A mixed evening last night, it ended well but the process to get there was borderline painful. In the 1st round of qualifying the steering turnbuckle I'd fiddled with during the week came back to haunt me. As soon as I went out I could feel that the front toe out was way off, making the car a bit of a dog to drive. When I came off and fixed I noticed I'd forgotten to adjust the ride height since switching from the Sweeps back to my beloved Sorex 28 JBs.

With all that sorted I went out for the 2nd round of qualifying and it quickly became apparent that the chassis had become tweaked at some point as the car was understeering round right handers and spinning out round left turns. Hustled it round for 5 mins but didn't post a good time at all.

To add insult to injury, 4 laps in the 3rd and final round of qualifying the screw came out my servo and my servo saver fell apart. Ironically it was the final screw in the steering assembly I hadn't threadlocked. I can assure you, none of them are coming out in the immediate future now.

Luckily the race director had noticed what an awful night i was having so he arranged the finals so that I scraped 6th on grid in A final. After driving my first reasonable (but far from perfect) race of the evening I finished second. A lap up on 3rd, but a few seconds behind 1st...

Carpet Masters tomorrow!



No comments:

Post a Comment