Upcoming Race Meetings

Friday 29 October 2010

Racing at Blackpool

Racing at Blackpool on Friday night. A reasonable result all told. I wanted to prove to myself that I could go quick enough round the track for Morecambe championship round coming up on the following Monday. I managed to do that in one of the rounds, getting a reasonable 27 lapper which is nice 'n' quick for this track layout.

Although this put me in the A final for the meeting I was unable to do it again, in the last qualifier my chassis was rubbing (after my ride height had dropped by about half a millimetre) due to my tires wearing and me not checking the car. After I sorted that out in time for the final, it merely brought my next issue into focus during the final - my tires needed to be re-glued onto their rims as they were starting to peel and making the car very erratic. Not-to-self for first thing on Monday night ready for the Morecambe meeting.

Final result? Qualified 4th in the A and finished there. Job done.

No comments:

Post a Comment