Upcoming Race Meetings

Monday 18 October 2010

Morecambe Autumn Series Rd3


Back to Morecambe again this Monday night for Round 3 of my campaign to redeem myself in the MMCC Autumn 2010 series. My average was still suffering - this could potentially be my third 'good' score to bring my average back to 'normal' so the pressure was on a little bit. Mind you, it was a quiet night so my odds were pretty good.


Andy did a fantastic job designing the track, it was challenging but very rewarding to drive and had an amazing rhythm to it. I could race on tracks like this every Monday very happily!

I was going well in qualifying once again, but a mistake in the final qualifier prevented me getting any higher than 3rd on the grid in the A final. I felt that I had a 36 lapper in me, but never got the opportunity to prove it. Maybe my opportunity lay in the final?!


The final started well enough, I was all over Mark Jordan in 2nd place, but unable to find a way past. A few of my attempts resulted in me getting caught in corners and loosing time. This meant I eventually fell into the clutches of Mark Carter behind me, who got past me after yet another mistake and then when I managed to squeeze past him on the inside we both got caught on the apex of the next corner. Mark let me get away first after we were marshalled as I guess he knew I had made the pass before the incident. But it meant Mark Jordan was gone by that point. A good night, shame I couldn't get my illusive 36 laps though.

No comments:

Post a Comment