Upcoming Race Meetings

Friday 1 July 2011

Blackpool on 32's


This was my second week on 32s at Blackpool and what looks like the final week it for this layout before we have a change. The 32s are quite a bit slower at Blackpool Andy and I have decided. Perfectly possible to get them round but 1-2 laps slower than the 28s. On the plus side they stay stuck to their rims and don't seem to wear at all - that's why I'll be using them from henceforth (plus I have loads leftover from Nationals). At Morecambe there doesn't appear to be any significant disadvantage to using them.



I had problems with interference in the first two races, I isolated to being someone's 40Mhz transmitter and the problems remained after they changed crystal. I know 2.4Ghz should even be able to interact with 40Mhz, but my steering was being inconsistent; sometimes it wouldn't turn at all, or it was very delayed, or it would go halfway then jerk across to full lock of its own accord. It made the car impossible to drive and Damien very kindly moved me into the 'A final' qualifier for rounds 2 and 3 of the evening. It wasn't until round three that I was able to get a good run in and secure a place in the A final proper though.


Messing about with Whur Jr. and Whur Sr.'s pit tables to mirror each other. I decided this was a better use of my time than making my car quicker.

In the final a series of rolls both down the straight (don't ask) and round the sweeper ensured I finished where I started. Dead last.

No comments:

Post a Comment