Upcoming Race Meetings

Monday 27 June 2011

MMCC Club Night


We had a pretty cool track layout at Morecambe tonight, quite twisty and hard to get consistently quick times on. Mind you, now I think about it, what Morecambe track isn't like that?

After some very scruffy qualifiers which were full of little mistakes and unnecessary entanglement with each other Dean and I ended up in the B final with Colin joining us. I managed to break free at the start of the race, but Dean caught up with for the final minutes of the race and he was right on my tail for the final few laps. Coming down the straight on the final lap I gave it a final push over the loop and stopped just short of hitting the wall, confident that I had beaten him. Dean however carried on round the track to the next corner and much to my dismay the computer announced he had won it! I couldn't believe it when everyone watching said the loop was not in it's usual spot and instead 4 feet further round the track! Bit of a rubbish end to what had been a good race, but I guess you win some and you lose some. Even more annoyingly though I then found out it was the last round of the championship (which I thought had finished literally weeks earlier) so I couldn't have 'lost' on a worser week!

I thought for pictures this week we could do a quick Morecambe pit table tour so here we go:

My pit table

Dean

Andy

Mark Carter

Mark Jordan

Kev

Colin & Pete

No comments:

Post a Comment