Upcoming Race Meetings

Friday 17 June 2011

BRCCC Club Night

I had an eventful night at Blackpool last night. About halfway through the first round my gear diff broke, which was quite an impressive feat in itself. When I took it apart I discovered that one of the pins in the out-drives connecting it to all the planet gear had broken out of the slot in the back of the gear, bent the shim and subsequently chewed up the case and gear. Fortunately I had a spare gear diff, save the out-drives, so I used various bits from that to fix it all.

I then went out for the second qualifier only to break one of the spool out-drives after a few laps. I didn't hit anything really, honest, must just have been wear and tear. Anyway, I fixed that as well and tentatively went out for the final qualifier, in desperate need for a finish to keep myself in the A final. I pulled off a solid result and was comfortably in the A, where I finished in my usual position, behind Danny, Andy and Damien. Ho hum.

No comments:

Post a Comment