Upcoming Race Meetings

Thursday 31 March 2011

MMCC night

I had a great evening racing at Morecambe this Monday night. I know this because I was so engrossed in my racing that I plain forgot to take any pictures whatsoever during the evening. So, I'll keep this brief because it's no fun to read a long ol' blog post without any pictures to distract you and some captions to offer some light entertainment throughout.

I was going well, my car was going well and despite a few misjudged corners during qualifying I was able to scrape into the A final. This went even better than qualifying, I was able to slip past Ben when he clipped the first corner (as he predicted he would do before we started). I then set about chasing down Mark and Andy in first and second.

I obviously missed whatever action resulted in Andy being overtaken by Mark towards the back end of the race - Andy had TQ'd and led for much of the race. All I know is, all of a sudden I was in second place and closing down on Mark in first place pretty quickly, with Andy in third place chasing me down with equal vigour. A couple of laps before the end, mere seconds as our hall is so cosy, I had Andy on my tail and I was trying to both defend and keep the pressure on Mark in front. Unfortunately I was the first to crack and Andy slipped past, leaving me to finish in 3rd place despite a good race in which all of us could have won really.

I took a small victory in the fact I once again got the fastest lap in the final, 7.90 seconds versus Mark's 7.97, Andy's 8.07 and Ben's 8.25. A small victory maybe, but I'll take it.

No comments:

Post a Comment