Upcoming Race Meetings

Sunday 19 September 2010

West London National


This weekend played host to the final round of the 2010 BRCA TC Nationals, held at West London. The sun was shining (for the most part) and the parakeets were singing as racing got under way.

My car felt much better than it has done in previous weeks, which I was delighted about considering all the work I'd put in for the rebuild. It was also looking rather cool, glistening in the morning sunlight... which is more than I can say for Adzy with his cap and sunglasses...







After practice was finished with (which always seems to take ages on a Saturday) qualifying got going. I was all ready with my three sets of tyres, a relative luxury compared to the one set per weekend which I have allowed myself for all the rest of the series. While I was busy working on a tyre strategy for the weekend, Dean was catching up on some Z's after his very early start that morning to make the trip down from Preston


The more sensible among us had come down the night before and were busy working away, feeling very well rested!






Qualifying went pretty well, I managed to get in three clean runs between Saturday and Sunday but unfortunately these were quick enough to get me any higher the Q5 in the D final.

Despite leading one of my finals for a little while my finishing positions culminated in me once again finishing where I started, in 5th place. Nevertheless one of my better results this season. And with it staying dry all weekend - something we had not anticipated - it made for a rather nice finish to the 2010 outdoor season.

I'm looking ahead now to racing in the Ardent Winter series and Stafford Carpet Masters over the colder, wetter months (as you can see from my updated countdown timers) so maybe see you all there.

No comments:

Post a Comment