Upcoming Race Meetings

Tuesday 7 September 2010

MMCC @ Blackpool

Every month, on the first Monday of the month MMCC now visits our neighbouring club Blackpool to race at their permanent facilities. This Monday was my first time down with the MMCC guys, and I was amazed to find out it was better attended than our 'usual' Monday night meeting. Is this the future of MMCC perhaps?


Qualifying was an interesting affair. My car handled like a bit of a dog, once again reminding me I owed it a rebuild I've been promising it for months now. On a plus note the super grippy carpet at Blackpool made my recycled national tyres, the Sorex 32s, feel much better than they usually do indoors. Despite this I was only able to qualify in the B final.

The A final was a busy one with 7 drivers in and some very close racing ensued. Great fun to watch if a tad 'heated' at times... naming no names of course!


I enjoyed my night right up until the point in my final where my spur gear said "goodbye cruel world" and promptly mangled itself, leaving tiny white flecks of plastic all over my car. Just before I took the lead too. No really. A great pity seeing as it was new on for the West London BTCC. Ho hum.

No comments:

Post a Comment