Upcoming Race Meetings

Tuesday 15 June 2010

Mondays at Morecambe

Despite my fun-filled weekend down South I managed to get my butt into gear and head to Morecambe last night. I was instantly glad I did as the night was filled with good close racing in my humble opinion.


Although it was a bit quiet last night, it was still pretty competitive. All the key players (excluding Adzy), and myself were there!



Qualifying was fairly standard; first round was a tad slippy but the grip came up quickly in time for round two and beyond. I was going well all evening, although lagging a little way behind the leaders Andy and Mark, and Dean too actually when he finally got round to finishing a run.


The upshot of all these goings-on's was that I qualified 4th in the A final. I drove a good clean run for the most part though and quickly managed to slip past Dean when he made a mistake and Mark too when he 'came a cropper' on an apex somewhere along the way. I managed to hold Mark back for a little while, but then a clipped corner allowed him through and despite my best chasing efforts I was unable to re-claim the position so had to settle for 3rd. Mark and I had some great close and clean racing though.


A quick glance at the MMCC website results section tells me that that was the end of the Spring Championship and furthermore, I finished 3rd in it. With Andy Murray winning it and Mark Carter in second place. A result I'm more than happy with J

No comments:

Post a Comment