Upcoming Race Meetings

Monday 21 June 2010

Another quiet night at MMCC...

Well, as the title might suggest, it was indeed another quiet night in our little community hall in Morecambe, Lancashire. The evening wasn't quite as fun-filled as I might have liked, culminating in a rather nasty breakage for myself unfortunately.

The evening started much like any other; I helped a little (sorry Mark!) with setting up the track...


before seting up my pit space...

when Andy arrived and set up his next door...

then I pottered about taking photos of various things and people...

including Mark doing his usual pre-race prep...

during my travels I even stumbled across some mysterious snot coloured bot dots which had found their way onto our track...

By the time racing started I was sure it was just like any other night at Morecambe... I went out for the first round of qualifying and the car didn't feel too hot. I wasn't sure why as it had felt fine when it went away in the box at the end of last week. But actually, thinking about it, my car never seems to feel too good in the first round of qualifying, so I just put it down to low grip levels.


However, after the second round of qualifying things hadn't improved and I was about three laps down on 'the pace'. Unsure what it was I persevered until about halfway through round three of qualifying when I gently 'kissed' (or so I thought...) a barrier after a screwed up corner exit onto the straight. The result was essentially a write-off of that corner/end of the car.


As you can see above: bent mount (the other mount doesn't look too healthy either), smashed wishbone, and rather wobbly hingepin. The hingepin still looked this bad after T. Murray attempted to straighten it... with his teeth... well, a slight exaggeration but if you know the phenomenon that is T. Murray you wouldn't put it past him, the man is practically a demi-god when it comes to sorting and fixing things, 'nuff said.

I digress, so basically all that palaver put an end to my evening and left me to root around in the spares box hoping I've got parts to replace all these things. I think I have, barring one of the mounting blocks. Either way, I'm sure I can get me back on the road in some guise by next Monday at least.

No comments:

Post a Comment