Upcoming Race Meetings

Tuesday 21 February 2012

Hello again old friend

It's been a while. I'll throw my hands up and admit that, but sometimes life can just take over. I was back racing at Blackpool the other week, although I must confess I have unfortunately had to give up on Morecambe as a regular occurrence - I just don't have the time or money to make the trek every Monday.

I am however booked in for all five BRCA Nationals coming up this summer and I'm already looking forward to them, I just need to make sure I put in the practice beforehand and get back up to where I feel I was before I took another long break from racing.
Anyway, back to Blackpool, I dusted the old girl off and gave her a run around. I felt very rusty and it showed in my lap times. Best laps weren't disastrous but my consistency was, not really too surprising considering that's what always 'goes' for me when I stop racing regularly.

Blackpool have got a new track layout too which I'm really liking. Less destructive potential than the old track bar one corner which I think we're planning to change in the coming weeks anyway.
All in all it was a reasonable return to racing although I do need to sort out my car after it's storage period and get some new bodyshells painted too. Oh and I got beat by a kid who just started racing touring cars... but what can you do eh?!

1 comment:

  1. All in all it was a reasonable return to racing although I do need to sort out my car after it's storage period and get some new bodyshells painted too. thanks for the information.
    Regard's,
    Ben Almeer,
    Click Here

    ReplyDelete