Upcoming Race Meetings

Sunday 26 February 2012

Getting there

Had another stab at the ol' racing malarkey on Friday night at Blackpool again, t'was good fun and I think I improved a little bit - i.e. one more step back towards where I feel I was before!



The track layout has been changed again, partly to get rid of a vicious corner, partly to go around the bit of the track which gets wet when it rains due to the hole in the roof!





In summary it was a good night, like I said before I felt like I improved again - bar the moment when I clipped a track marking and sent my car backwards into the far wall. I came away unharmed so I put that down as a draw in the ongoing wall vs. me war. My best lap was often second fastest behind Andy but consistency was my achilles heel again, putting me a lap down on the top runners in my best qualifying heat and two laps down in my final, which ended messily despite a strong start.

I'm not back for two weeks now due to a friend's birthday party next Friday but I'm planning to get some work on the car and some new bodyshells painted in the break.

No comments:

Post a Comment