Upcoming Race Meetings

Thursday 1 December 2011

Teething issues

My subsequent few meetings with the car were troubled by front driveshafts falling apart. Once I put a flat spot on all the pins though this sorted itself out.

Someone also pointed out that I'd been a bit hasty with my assembly of the steering, meaning I had the black plastic arms upside down. Once I flipped them over I was able to get my steering turnbuckle the right length. That said, I know someone else who built it right but still had to fit a smaller turnbuckle in the car to get it all fitting together as it should.

I've also made some changes to the standard carpet setup which I initially put on the car - this has made it much easier to drive consistently fast and I'm feeling very happy with how the car feels now. I must confess I have also succumbed to the 28 JBs again, the car just feels so much better on them.

I still need to take a bit of material off the end of the rear driveshaft protector things - to stop them binding up the diff at full suspension travel. But I plan to get that done before the next meeting on Friday.

No comments:

Post a Comment