Upcoming Race Meetings

Sunday 4 December 2011

Blackpool on a Friday

Racing on Friday was an example of how I remember racing used to be back in my XRAY glory days. Turn up, race a car that just works, have a laugh with mates and go home with a car that doesn't need 3 hours of TLC to make it usable again.

I filed down the rear driveshaft blades at the start of the evening so all the little tweaks needed to get the XRAY  in tip-top shape. That said, just as I thought I had finished faffing, I realised that the ball joint screws that go into the top of the bulkheads for the roll-centre settings have a shoulder on. This means that they're fine when used with a washer, but without a washer (as I want to set the car up) you cannot screw them in all the way because of the shoulder. Sloppy XRAY, very sloppy...

Anyway I think I finished 4th on Friday night which was a reasonable result although I felt I could do better. The car felt great, the only issues were little mistakes I made, so once I've got a bit more practice over the coming weeks I'm hoping I can do a little better than that!

1 comment: