Upcoming Race Meetings

Tuesday 31 August 2010

Another quiet night home on the range


Last night at MMCC was a very quiet affair indeed, there was only six of us racing so we enjoyed a relaxed evening with 5 minute breaks in between heats. As soon as I arrived I remembered that my motor hadn't been sounding too happy all last week and that I had meant to fix it during the week... whoops... As there was no time for it now I just oiled her up and carried on as usual!


Apart from the noise my car was making, described by one as "sounding like a bag o' spanners", it was going okay. The little breaks threw my tyre additive regime and I'm not sure, I got it exactly right at any point during the night - I either forgot completely until the last minute or had it on for far too long. That said I think we were all in the same boat there, apparently we don't cope with change well.


Qualifying went well and without any major hitches and I held my spot in third on the A final grid layout. Although after a very close start between the three of us I accidentally tagged Mark just after the hairpin at the end of the straight, this sent him flying over the track markings making the incident look far worse than it really was. Anyway, by the time we both rejoined the action Andy was long gone and our chances of tag-teaming him just as distant.


All in all a good night, with an unfortunate anti-climax of a final as it looked set to be a close race between Mark and myself at least. Next week Morecambe visits the Blackpool facility for its monthly 'away' leg, which is nice because it means we don't have to set up the track haha!

No comments:

Post a Comment