Upcoming Race Meetings

Monday 5 July 2010

Morecambe strikes again...



This evening at Morecambe at hand a hand in designing the track layout for the evening, it looked alright, better than previous attempts at least, but unfortunately I simply couldn't drive it!

When I arrived it took me a little while to change back to my indoor setup from the outdoor setup I was running at Aldershot yesterday. Nevertheless I managed to give a little helping hand with the track and make it out for my first round in time.



My first round was torrid and unfortunately the evening continued in much the same vein. It was another relatively quiet night - numbers always dip in the summer months for indoor club racing as people move outside to enjoy the nice weather, go on their holidays, etc. - and I started in the A qualifying heat but was soon to drop down into the B final.


I struggled with the car all evening, I remember my XRAY days as simply building the car and leaving it week-to-week for months and it never deteriorated. It has become increasingly apparent, especially in the last few days, that I simply cannot do this with the Tamiya. It needs a bit of TLC every week almost and a lot of TLC every few meetings. So, I guess I will simply have to find the time to remedy this situation in the coming days, and certainly before the Aldershot national in a couple of weeks time.


As I mentioned, I ended up qualifying 2nd in the B final and finishing there. I nearly even got lapped by first place! Not my best performance to be sure. Nonetheless, I feel I know what needs to happen to bring back that smile to my face and remind me all over again that blue most definitely is better. The recent worlds results proved that, Tamiya 1st and 3rd with a Yokomo (blue coloured Tamiya copy anyone?) in 2nd. Congratulations to Elliott Harper on his superb performance at the event by the way. Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment