Upcoming Race Meetings

Tuesday 27 April 2010

Nearly there...

At the usual Monday night club meet last night I went fairly well on the whole I think. I was trying the car on Sorex 32s last night because my Sorex 28s have worn out and I'm currently feeling something of a financial strain so I've resorted to using up some of the seemingly hundreds of tires I have lying around from last year's National series.

The switch to a harder compound caught me out in Round 1 as I struggled to get it round the corners. As I was helping my friend Colin pit, I didn't have much time for any serious setup changes, but I did manage to take my Smoke'em carbon fibre steering rack brace off in time for Round 2 which helped traction on the front a lot. The car felt like it was capable of quick times in Round 2, but a lack of consistency on my part meant that although my best lap time was impressive, my average lap time left something to be desired.

Round 3 and I managed to finally put in a consistently quick time which placed me 3rd on the grid in the A final. Ironically enough my qualifying start position, so at least I'm placing where my average ability in the computer puts me at the start of the meeting... nearly back to where I was before this break then!

Unfortunately I lost all self-control in the final and after making a mistake a few laps in, kept pushing far too hard to make up for it. Inevitably resulting in me simply making more mistakes and dropping further and further back from where I should have been. This has been noted though, and it stops here. Friday night will be a flawless performance - combining skill, elegance and sheer speed. Hopefully.

No comments:

Post a Comment